Wednesday, May 18, 2005

i'm alive

I had about three hours before I was supposed to leave. No matter. I wanted to see how this would look. Would I recognize myself? Would they even want me back?

Black and red. Tight against my skin. Hands on hips.

I look stronger already.

I walked back in and it was like I had never left. The same lovable crew. The same spasticity. I restrain myself from getting too ahead of myself, but whatever I do, I feel strong. It's been seven months and three days and I haven't felt so good in all of this time.

I don't ever want to feel
like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way

The part of me that was memory and imagination this whole time -- she is back.

My whole body is sore today, and I love it. I've already been coerced into covering people's classes.

I'm finally alive again.

No comments: