Thursday, February 23, 2006

transcend

Romantic literature strikes at a time when inspiration and motivation are wanting.

I'd almost forgotten that simple sensation of looking and feeling, without other responsibilities crying at the rim.

Nature provides us, perhaps, with everything - food - resources - inspiration - religion - shelter - simplicity.

I am neither a hippie nor an environmentalist, but I tend to shy away from extravagance. Rarely makeup, some of the same clothes from middle school (hey, they still fit), content with the same technology as long as it functions, always enjoying genuine intellect and wit. I want to like you for what you are, not just for the arts you create.

I would like to walk under the moon on a summer's night in gentle silence, and look up at that with the same name as mine. I want to feel a connection between myth and myself.

Overwhelm me, stars, sky, waves, breezes. Deserts, mesas, oceans, lightning, woods, grass, I have seen you all. But have I lived them?

We could spend the night, watch the earth come up

Without noise, without needless chatter, without need to exist. Just for a night. Just for a moment.

No comments: