Saturday, October 07, 2006

something to be said for the sidewalk

I decided to "off-road" it, quite literally. Under surprising blue sky, I've passed twenty minutes and turned towards Waterworks. I leave the sidewalk and run along the cement barrier. Is that vegetation in there? I look up and see that up ahead, the water crosses my path. Revise plan. I start to step off. I then hit the ground, face to grass and knee to cement. Excellent!

No witnesses. I "walk it off" and finish the run. Hmm, I think. Perhaps there's something to be said for staying on the sidewalk.

Yet there's something to be said for the sudden falls as well. They remind you that you're moving. They remind you that you're alive.

...

"You're just a voice!"

I chuckle. Do you wonder what I'm doing? Writing? Or hearing?

No comments: