Monday, February 22, 2010

In the end, there is one dance you'll do alone

Maybe it was catching the end of Paranormal Activity with the brave children of SBS, or the dreams last night that could happen, but today just doesn't feel right.

I dislike office work (nothing new), but walks through other buildings make me want to stay here. Shut the door. The silence of the engineering buildings, sans the rumble of machinery--doors without windows and old yellow walls--I thought I was safe in Fine Arts, with pianos and violins playing behind doors signaling life--alas, but the top floor yields graffiti on walls and lockers. My footsteps down the stairs. What kind of a home are these?

--

On a happier note, I'm pleased to see that Lena's inimitable observation of "lol...what?" and its meanings, social implications, and relevance on the lives of my friends (especially female) has truly taken off. Lulz away!

No comments: