The World Cup final was the first game I actually watched, beyond one college game that I attended in hopes of seeing cute guys. From half-time up through minute 1:16 and the ensuing celebration, I followed the dancing, the yellow cards, the goal.
I've concluded that there are a number of positives in watching the sport:
1. No time-outs, hence no dawdling and stalling.
2. Minimal commercial breaks -- AWESOME!
3. Constant motion, as opposed to American football.
4. The clock runs regardless of whistles, etc.
5. Dramatic near-misses.
6. Overly dramatic falls in hopes of getting a yellow card.
7. Impossibly intricate footwork.
8. Team Spain is BEAUTIFUL.