Monday, November 19, 2007

conversations before 4:11

It's 3:45 a.m. and I know that this is more important than stumbling home wasted, than sleeping, than having an extra hour to work on a paper.

There may not be a point in this, but what's the point in that?

For no reason at all, we begin to laugh. I used to be hyperaware of my location at all times but I finally feel comfortable enough to lay my head down and listen think wonder be still.

These questions taunted me when I was twelve and they are no easier at twenty-one. I still feel like a girl instead of a woman I'm still little when I stand in the crowd but at least the person next to me asks these questions too.

Humans need to make make meaning and this is how we can: by connecting with someone else for a moment - an hour - a century - without money resentment anger excuses . . .

You told me once to write something meaningful and maybe now I have an idea, maybe know why you kept telling me -- maybe meaning is something that glows in a dark place.

..

I woke up happy this morning because I'd dreamt that you were finally ready to be vulnerable with me.

No comments: