Saturday, December 22, 2007

"Make it just between you and the Tsuk."

There are numerous, numerous errors in this vault, besides the obvious overrotation on the landing. (The brave man spotting is Matt -- hi, Matt!) As usual on my early attempts, I rush the half-on and bend my knees before my hands even leave the table. Then, of course, I flip with my eyes closed. Each time I watch, I want to go again -- right now -- and do it properly.

I hadn't flipped this vault since August, when I'd land in the safety of the foam pit. And I hadn't even seriously considered Tsuking onto an actual landing area since landing the vault so...successfully on Feb. 20 -- the infamous splice of The Fifth Metatarsal That Never Wanted to Heal.

So for all of that, you have no idea how much this video pleases me. :-)

No comments: