Monday, December 24, 2007

"Remember when we used to race people to school?"

...while listening to "Stacy's Mom" and static, and waiting for the windows to defrost.

That senior year was an eventful one, though it took longer for the spinning to ensue. Pick a word to describe yourself. One word. Disciplined.

I passed the first of many tests just before. I tell myself that Disciplined leads to calmness, less anxiety, less pain. I slap myself and stay in line.

The glance would not be worth it.

I am still not sure how I will alter the time I'd adjusted to, even now in this disjointed state. I am still not sure that I won't compromise.

Live and apply. Live and apply.

-
-

I think about that road, think about why I think about that road still.

I know I surprised you then or at least made you blink. And if you were ever to bring this up again, I'd respond to your fears with, Accept it and Break it.

Some day somebody's gonna ask you
a question that you should say yes to
once in your life...

No comments: