Monday, February 11, 2008

Wie geht's?

Wie heisen Sie, bitte? There's just too many words we're never meant to learn, I heard as I drove into the whiteout, thinking of raising the volume as I struggled to see brakelights traffic lights anything besides white. "This is the best song ever" - Damn right it is - I am glad to be here, glad I found all of you, and glad I know this before I leave. Wie sagt man (algo, algo) auf Deutsch? Do I have any idea what I am doing? If you call my name out loud, do you suppose I'd come running? You're a natural. I don't know what that means. I had thought perhaps I was meant for one thing, but now it seems to be everything - words written and spoken, movement that rips lungs ever so gracefully. "Trust me, I understand," she laughs when I tell her how I feel off-pace, how I wish to wake up and find myself back there. I am off-centered but if I keep spinning, the gyrations will keep me from collapsing. I rush too much for commas these days. Do you suppose I'd come at all? I suppose I would.

No comments: