Monday, February 18, 2008

"You really like this club thing, huh?"

In the 11th hour (and 11th year) of my gymnastics career, Doug Gallagher FINALLY witnessed that I do not, in fact, compete on "the chains."

As we look for a parking spot at Cornell, the CD Caroline made for me turns to a familiar pop beat. "Piece of Fucking Me," Caroline declares.

"Can you write a story about me?" she asks the next day. "Put me in the circus. Or as a prostitute in France...I'm speaking at your wedding."

"TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!" Mindy yells as I'm about to vault.

Emeline glides forward for a switch kip- begins to turn -and tumbles to the floor.

"Emeline!" I exclaim. "What would Amy Himes say?"

And then I burst out laughing.


The Pinger + the Heap: FINALLY competing together since 2008. :-) (And yes. We are jacked.)

No comments: