Friday, August 22, 2008

I'll read to you here, save your eyes

It's easier not to be great

It's easier to resist the suggestion and of course I never will. Something aches when I stand still, but the moment I begin to run, it nods, clenches, runs with me.

You'll always be able to count on me to throw a full at random times in random gyms. Just to remind myself that I can.

and measure these things by your eyes.

"Have you made a lot of friends?" Matt wants to know as I lounge next to Riverside's trampoline, holding my leg in the air as an afterthought. "If I saw you like that, I'd be like, 'Damn. I'm being her friend.'"

I alone love you

Clear night again, dark trees bright stars. My lower back expands and burns and I shift uncomfortably, idly wondering what'd Emeline say -

then a star falls.

No arch. No streaking farewell. A straight line. A simple tug of gravity wanting theirs back.

Fear is not the end of this!

No comments: