Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For a good afternoon

Am I boring you? Do you prefer the broken girl? I can think of one who won't. Would you rather the metaphored zings? Allusions to "you"? None of this Girl And Her Thesis? There's always subtext if you follow closely enough. Face to the ground, eyes unblinking on the underbrush until something moves.

What's saved me is that I can't remember good. Just crying and cautious fleeting happiness. A high, really. I could say more but that's not the point right now. It was the point for a while. I could write about everything wrong with this place, but everyone here already knows. I could write about everything that's wrong with what you call love and friendship, but you're too busy shutting doors and I've got other stories that need a voice.

1 comment:

ChristinaMegan said...

micei. word of the day!

your words are becoming not so vague to me anymore!

I love you. lots.