Sunday, November 01, 2009

Nowhere to go but out, so I'm gone

There's nowhere to go in this town but out, so I'm gone. Like the ones I laughed with--they're gone, too. I don't know what's next, but I don't want to stay.

If she ever had the chance, would she do it all again?

I dreamt about this old song yesterday. We tried to make a music video to it and got as far as walking on the beach, me wearing one of your shirts and a pair of sunglasses, stepping solemnly by the water. You step elsewhere now.

But I'm back in our woods. I run because that's always been the best way to pass this transition time, the time I'm too impatient to sit through for the wait and see. Leaves cover roots so I bounce lightly, more up and down than forward, but faster than I'd thought.

Take a bow.

No. Keep going.

These two legs will save me.

Star maps to the sun.

Light streaks through the trees and breaks against the orange, red, yellow--I break faster--

You're playing you now.

No comments: