Thursday, June 23, 2011

We're too cool to be here long

But not too crazy to get busted.

(Entry started last night and finished today.)

Whilst cranky earlier, I had the sudden urge to download an old song that I loved (and that inspired the domain name of this blog). As expected, it improved my life.

Listen. Love it.

...

It's easy to romanticize the beauty of the writing process. Honestly, I spend a decent amount of time hedging. I hedge very well. I think about what I should write, and submit, and sort of frolic around until I make it happen.

But tonight was a good night. Took the laptop to Starbucks, sat in the corner, and got going. No putzing about or Googling around after I type a sentence. I just wrote, and it went, and I was satisfied.

On these nights, I believe that I can make it as far as I strive to go.

#174: Laura Marling, "Old Stone"
#175: Laura Marling, "Blackberry Stone"

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Oh a Rob Thomas song :) I was just reading an article on him, so its funny this is the song you posted - except the irony is that this was posted thursday and not saturday.

anyway.
i love you, and may be in rocky point wednesday with no prior engagements :)

d.g. said...

On my drive today, I totes thought about how I needed to text you and find out when you're free!