Wednesday, March 02, 2011

channel surfing

I don't like to write from sadness. When I'm heavy, I'd rather the feelings burn away like morning fog instead of letting them seep through my words. I don't want to remember those moments.

Last night I decided to donate my feelings to the character and watch what she did with them. I don't want my characters to be thinly veiled imitations of myself in my various moods. But I figured there might be a universality to this feeling.

So I set the scene and she reacted in such a way that lifted the heaviness. Or rather, she shared it with me, and the heaviness evaporated quietly, knowing it was time to go.

...

#59: Kenny Chesney, "Somewhere With You"
#60: Katy Perry, "E.T. (Futuristic Lover)"
#61: George Thorogood, "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer"

No comments: